Cinema media planning, cinema media advertising and cinema media research continues to gain media attention in the U.S. - spurring annual growth estimated at a phenomenal 30%. Until now, the industry has been driven by entrepreneurial leaders, but growing demand from leading brand marketers, as well as the desire for the industry to achieve its full revenue potential calls for industry members to join together to develop cinema media standardized practices.
The Cinema Advertising Council (CAC) was formed to address the unique consumer research needs of the cinema media industry. Modeling itself after national media associations such as the Television Advertising Bureau (TAB), the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) and the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA), the CAC's goals are to:
- Promote a positive image for the industry and its members while successfully positioning cinema advertising as an effective, independent consumer research media option.
- Streamline the cinema media buying process by standardizing industry practices.
- Provide uniform data for measurement and evaluation of the cinema media research landscape.
- Cinema Media Companies
- Movie Theatre Exhibitors
- Motion Picture Distributors
- Suppliers of cinema media products, cinema media services or Cinema Media advertising
To meet the needs of this rapidly evolving industry, council members are needed to participate in the decision-making process influencing our industry's key issues. The CAC seeks membership participation in committees such as:
Cinema Media Research: Identifying and developing compelling consumer research that differentiates cinema media advertising from other media including product recall, moviegoer demographics and consumer behavior.
Technology: Developing industry-wide technical standards for the production, distribution and presentation of digital ancillary program content in theatres.
Marketing and Publicity: Developing and implementing an on demand integrated campaign that aggressively promotes the effectiveness of cinema media advertising, cinema media research, movie ads and cinema media planning.